Friday 26 November 2010

Acer Aspire 5551, 15.6inch LED LCD Noteboook, AMD Athlon X2 P320, 3GB, 320GB, DVD, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium - Product Review

Click here to check it out

I had a look round before deciding to purchase the Acer Aspire 5551. I've had it for a week now and i'm not dissapointed with this laptop, infact i'm very happy with it. In particular the screen. I bought it to view movies and the picture quality on this LED backlet screen is just wonderful with very deep colours and no lag. 

Windows 7 is easier to navigate than it's grumpy predecessor and the graphics for games are vibrant. I'm a real fan of sid meier's civ and it plays it, stores it and loads it quickly and effortlessly. 

The battery is OK, lasts about 3 hours plus. I tend to use my laptop at home so no big deal for me but would not of purchased this laptop if i needed to travel with it. Alot of laptops on the market with 6 hours plus battery life. 

Another great feature is the HDMI connection. This enables you to plug your laptop directly into an HDMI enabled TV. It basically makes your TV into a huge computer screen, perfect for watching movies, playing poker and other games as well as social networking sites. This is a really great feature ! 

Haven't used the webcam so unfortunately can't comment on that feature just yet. 

Overall very happy with my new laptop, hard to find a fault with it. The price I paid was £379 from amazon and for that price I don't think you'll find anything currently better value on the market. 

oh, i have found a fault! it doesn't come with any back up disks (i.e win 7)- so you'll need to make your own - a little cheap i think!


Reminder: Do your christmas shopping early. Amazon's cHRISTMAS SALE is now on. Click on the image to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment