Friday 26 November 2010

Samsung HT-C450 5.1 ch - 500W Home Theatre System - Product Review



I was a bit hesitant to purchase this as, at the time of purchasing, there were no reviews I could find on the net for this item. However I thought I would take a chance as I was in dire need of a decent 5.1 surround system with DTS. I have to say, for the money this is a very good system and I am very pleased with it. It was packed very well and very easy to set up with all the speakers and cable colour coded for ease of use. 

The system itself is finished in Piano black which on the plus side is very nice to look at but has the disadvantage of being a magnet for dust. 

On to the performance. I really only wanted this to play my PS3 through. I had looked at stand alone surround sound systems but they were actually more expensive than this system. It has optical in and plays both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS - however this will not play DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD just to be clear,but will still decode and play regular DTS and Dolby really well. Sound is very good - nice mid range and can be fine tuned via on screen menus. It has a passive sub woofer which is a bonus if you dont have too many plug sockets spare. 

Picture wise - this is a very good DVD player with great upscaling (actually better than the PS3 at upscaling). Nice remote control with some glow in the dark buttons !!!! 

It has a USB socket on the front which I have heard can take a portable drive up to 250gb. 

This system can also play DivX files and photo CD's 

This system will be laughed at by 'purists' but if you want a good sounding system with great upscaling capabilities then this is a very good buy. Good choice of inputs enabling you to plug your Sky+, Virgin box, Xbox or PS3 through.Click here to check it out.

Reminder: Do your Christmas shopping early. Amazon's UK Christmas Sale is now on. Click on the image to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment